Entdecke Bikram Hot Yoga, es wird dein Leben verändern!
Einmalig in Stuttgart
Es gibt unzählige Yoga Studios in Stuttgart, aber nur ein Bikram Hot Yoga Studio. Die Übungen sind nicht kompliziert und somit ideal auch für Einsteiger geeignet – jeder kann mit Bikram Yoga beginnen, also probier auch du es aus!
Bikram Hot Yoga
Bikram Yoga – das Original Hot Yoga – ist eine Serie von 26 Yoga Übungen, die bei 40 Grad Celsius praktiziert wird. Probiere es doch gleich aus, mit unserem Einstiegsangebot, 10 Tage für 20 EUR.
The Bikram Hot Yoga Series is a challenging, 90-minute workout that improves physical strength, flexibility, and balance while enhancing mental clarity and focus. The practice is a sequence of 26 postures and two breathing exercise performed in a heated room.
The heat accelerates the rate of change within the body, improves circulation, helps to eliminate toxins, and significantly reduces the risk of injury during stretching. No special equipment or clothing is required. The Yoga is designed for the Human Body, so anybody can do it, no prior experience is required. With regular practice, discipline and honest effort you will reshape your body, lose weight and tone your muscles. Improve control of your breathing and learn how to meditate while practicing Yoga. Boost your energy level and stamina. Drink more water, eat and sleep better. Discover yourself & improve your quality of life! The Hotroom is waiting for you, so come in and get sweaty, healthy, happy!
Bikram Choudhury started studying Yoga at the age of 4. At 12, he was the youngest ever national Yoga Champion of India, holding the title 3 consecutive years. Bikram went on to pursue an athletic career as a marathon runner and a champion weight lifter, setting world record lifts and competing in the 1964 Olympic Games in Tokyo. A age 20, a weight lifting accident crushed his knee, severely crippling him. Doctors told him that he would never walk again. Under the guidance of his Guru Bishnu Gosh, and with the practice of Yoga, he was able to heal his knee and walk again.
The benefits of Bikram Yoga are many and endless. Bikram’s signature series of 26 postures and two breathing exercises will help you with a multitude of afflictions ranging from – thyroid problems to weight loss, stress to insomnia, diabetes to knee problems, kidney conditions to heart disease, depression to blood pressure, arthritis to back pain – allowing you to maintain exceptional health for years to come. The postures work every part of your body down to a cellular level flushing toxins out of your system.
Bikram Yoga is designed for EVERYONE – any age, size, shape, condition, or problem. To receive the benefits, a regular practice of 3 – 4 classes per week is necessary. Beginners are encouraged to start slow and take it easy for the first few classes. Benefits happen right away for some, including normalizing your weight. and it usually takes ten classes for your body to start to understand the poses.
As one student puts it, “A Bikram yoga class a day keeps the doctor away.”
1. Weight loss – Bikram Yoga is excellent for weight loss. Your digestive system and metabolism will improve, normalizing your appetite and diminishing unhealthy cravings. Your fat will turn into muscle as you develop muscle tone and strength. Warm muscles burn fat more easily as the heat flushes and detoxifies the body. Bikram yoga is known for burning anywhere from 500 to 1000 calories a session. The harder you work in class the more calories you will burn. Your cardiovascular system is worked and strengthened therefore, the more weight loss benefits you will receive. You may see and feel immediate results. You will naturally begin to start eating less and make better food choices.
2. Arthritis– Many students experience quick relief from arthritis after only a few classes of Bikram Yoga. A combination of the heat and the moving, twisting, extending and compressing of every joint can alleviate arthritis. A regular practice is necessary for continued relief.
3. Blood Pressure– Unstable high blood pressure can respond very quickly to a regular Bikram Yoga practice. Consult your doctor and don’t push too hard for your first few classes. If you are tested about a week after starting Yoga, you may see a slight rise in pressure. Don’t be alarmed. By the second week, that pressure will be normal or close to normal and will stay there as long as you continue your yoga regimen. Many students who maintain a regular practice are able to stop taking blood pressure medication.
4.Back Pain– Bikram Yoga has helped countless numbers of people with back pain, stiff necks, headaches, scoliosis, herniated disks and many other back problems. The Bikram Yoga series is designed to work the spine in every direction with many beneficial backbends, creating a healthy spine and thus a healthy nervous system. Make sure to tell your instructor what type of back pain you suffer from in case modifications are necessary.
5. Skin and Beauty– Watch your face and skin develop “the Bikram glow” as your eyes become brighter and your skin becomes more clear and soft. As you sweat, your pores are opened and cleaned allowing natural lanolin to release through the pores, softening and preserving your skin’s elasticity. “I feel so CLEAN inside and out, and my skin is so SOFT I don’t need moisturizer anymore!” is a student’s comment. Faces in general change expression from looking disturbed and frustrated to looking full of life and happiness. As your body detoxifies, you may eventually never need deodorant again!
6. Diabetes – Bikram yoga can be a perfect complement to the lifestyle changes necessary to help keep diabetic symptoms in check. Recent research has found that performing these postures on a regular basis can decrease blood-sugar levels. A dedicated Bikram Yoga student, who lost 50 pounds without dieting, healed his chronic back problems and no longer needed his diabetic medication after practicing Bikram Yoga for 6 months. He tells his story in the book “Diabetic Always, Insulin No More.”
7. Stress & Anxiety Management – Bikram’s guru Bishnu Gosh said “Mental stress and strain is the cause of all diseases, even infectious ones.”When performing the 26 postures and two breathing exercises, the fight-or-flight response is turned off and a feeling of balanced well-being is replaced. A regular practice can lower cortisol levels, calm the mind, increase mental clarity and release and reduce stress and tension.
8. Depression – On those days when you don’t feel like doing anything, going to Bikram Yoga class is key. You just have to show up and the yoga takes care of the rest. After each session your mind will become more balanced and depression will be lifted. The more you practice, the better you will feel. Many students come off antidepressants and other medications after establishing a regular Bikram Yoga practice.
9. Breathing problems – Asthma, Allergies, Respiratory Problems –Bikram Yoga will be good for your breathing problems in several ways. The heat promotes relaxation of the muscles and nerves, and you can work with as much intensity as appropriate for your needs. Bikram Yoga will relax your mind and help let go of tensions, toxins and negativity. It strengthens your heart and lungs, improving your lung function. You will breathe easier and deeper than you ever have before.
10. Balancing Emotions – Bikram Yoga helps balance the emotions in several ways. Physiologically a regular practice harmonizes the nervous and endocrine systems – two systems which play a large part in emotional well-being. Practicing Bikram Yoga cultivates the mental faculties of faith, self-control, concentration, determination, and patience. As we become more aware of our inner life, we notice how events, interactions, and even the atmospheric pressure can affect us. As we become more aware, we exercise better choices in our responses. This helps us balance our emotional life.
11. Cholesterol – Many of our male students here in Memphis have come off their cholesterol medication from a regular Bikram Yoga practice. Your circulation increases allowing blood to flow throughout your body cleansing and clearing your arteries.
12. Thyroid regulation – Many of the postures in Bikram Yoga compress and work the thyroid thus helping to regulate the gland balancing thyroid levels. Along with thyroid regulation comes increased energy, weight loss and better metabolism.
13. Anti-Aging / Preventative Medicine – Bikram Yoga acts as anti-aging and preventative medicine keeping the body young and healthy. “Yoga maintains youth long. It keeps the body full of vitality, immune to diseases, even at old, old age. The Yogi never becomes old”.-Bishnu Ghosh
Article by Christine Boyer Memphis Health & Fitness Magazine, April 2011.
Bikram Yoga hilft!
Schedule (till 30. June 2016
(s = Silent Class, No Brand New Students please)
SUMMER Schedule (July – September)
(s = Silent Class, No Brand New Students please)
Summer Class Schedule 2015
Class starts on time and goes 90 Minutes. The Studio opens 30 Minutes before class starts.
You can attend any class without prior registration or Yoga experience. Just come in and we’ll take care of the rest. For your „first time“ please get here 20 Minutes before class starts. You’ve got to try the Yoga more than once! You have nothing to lose, but so much to gain!
No shoes, flip flops or socks allowed in the hotroom. We practice barefoot. Bring your water bottle, no glass bottles please. We also sell water at the studio. You need 2 towels, one for the Yoga class and one for your shower after class. Try not to eat anything heavy at least 2 hours before class beginn. A full belly doesn’t like to work. IMPORTANT: Please let the Teacher know before class, if you have serious injuries or illnesses of the body!
90 minutes Yoga Class
7 days, includes mat an 2 towel rentals
Valid 2 Months
Valid 6 Months
Valid 30 Days
Valid 180 Days, transferable
Valid 365 Days, transferable
10 Tage Intro Deal
10 Days unlimited Yoga, includes mat rental.Only valid for new Students
We offer mat rental, towels and water at the studio for 2 Euro each.
All prices include MwSt. (tax)
20% Discount for Students through 25 years of age and retirees above 60 years of age.
We accept cash, EC and Credit Card (Master/Visa)
Studioleitung und Yoga Lehrerin
Questions? Send us a message.
Gutenberg Str. 77a, 70197 Stuttgart-West
0711/ 93 59 32 75
Thank you for your Message. We will respond shortly.